June Fund GmbH ("June Fund")
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR BUSINESS CONTACTS
1. Why are you seeing this notice?
June Fund GmbH ("June Fund") may process personal data of its business contacts ("you"). Where this notice says "we", "us" or "our", we are referring to June Fund.
This Data Privacy Notice explains how and why your personal data is processed by June Fund.
This Data Privacy Notice also contains information about your rights in relation to your personal data.
2. Who is providing this notice and who is "controller"?
We act as a "controller" in respect of your personal data. In simple terms, this means that we "control" the personal data that you provide · including making sure that it is kept secure.
3. What information do we collect about you?
We may collect and process the following information about you:
· Information that you give us: This is information about you that you give to us by providing your business card to us or filling in forms on our website (or other forms that we ask you to complete), giving us a business card (or similar) or corresponding with us by telephone, post, email or otherwise. It may include for example, your name, company, business and/or private address, email address and telephone numbers; information about your business relationship with June Fund; and information about your professional role, background and interests.
· We may also collect some information from other sources. For example:
o If we have a business relationship with the organisation that you represent, your colleagues or other business contacts may give us information about you such as your contact details or details of your role in the relationship.
4. What will we do with your personal data?
We may use your information for the following reasons:
· to operate, manage, develop and promote our business and, in particular, our relationship with the organisation you represent (if any) and related transactions;
5. Who we share your personal data with
Your personal data may be shared with:
· our internal organisation and affiliated companies;
· your colleagues within the organisation that you represent;
· other business partners of us where we believe it would be in your interest to share your contact details, e.g. to make introductions;
· external advisors of us or the funds that we are advising, e.g. in connection with fundraisings, the establishment and management of funds or investments;
· to service providers who host our website or other information technology systems or otherwise hold or process your information on our behalf, under strict conditions of confidentiality and security
· in exceptional circumstances: to competent regulatory, prosecuting and other governmental agencies, or litigation counterparties, in any country or territory; or
· where we are required by law to disclose.
6. On What Basis do We Process Your Personal Data?
We are processing your personal data on the basis of a legitimate interest in accordance with point (f) of Article 6(1) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We believe that our business relationship with you and/or your company provides for a legitimate interest to process your personal data as set out herein.
7. Retention and deletion of your personal data
We will delete the information that we hold about you when we no longer need it. We will process your personal data throughout our business relationship with you.
However, we may retain some limited information about you even when we know that you have left the organisation that you represent, so that we can maintain a continuous relationship with you if and when we are in contact with you again, representing a different organisation.
8. Your rights
Subject to applicable data privacy laws, you have the following rights regarding the processing of your personal data:
· You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed and, where this is the case, access to the personal data and information (Article 15 GDPR).
· You have the right to rectification of personal data concerning you (Article 16 GDPR).
· You have the right to obtain the erasure of personal data concerning you in accordance with Article 17 GDPR ("right to be forgotten").
· You have the right to obtain restriction of processing (Article 18 GDPR).
· You have the right to data portability in accordance with Article 20 GDPR.
· You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling (Article 21 GDPR).
You have the right to object to the processing of personal data concerning you (Article 21 GDPR). For details, please see below.
Information regarding the right to object, Article 21 GDPR
1. You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you, which is based on Article 6 (1) e GDPR (data processing for purposes of public interest) or Article 6 (1) f GDPR (data processing for purposes of prevailing legitimate interests pursued by us). This also applies to profiling based on these provisions.
2. If you object, we shall no longer process the personal data, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of you, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
If you would like to object, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Concerns or queries
We take your concerns very seriously. We encourage you to bring it to our attention if you have any concerns about our processing your personal data.
This Data Privacy Notice was drafted with simplicity and clarity in mind. We are, of course, happy to provide any further information or explanation needed. Our contact details are below.
If you want to make a complaint, you can also contact the body regulating data protection in your country, where you live or work, or the location where the data protection issue arose. A list of the EU data protection authorities is available by clicking this link: http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
10. Contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this Data Privacy Notice or the information we hold about you.
Contact us by email at email@example.com.
Contact us in writing using the following address:
June Fund GmbH
This Data Privacy Notice was last updated in May 2018.